Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Elsa Dress

My little miss asked me to make her an elsa dress for her Let it go singing video. Of course I said yes. So we went to the fabric store and she picked out the fabric she felt best matched her vision. I admit this actually took me some time to finish. My problem is everything looks so simple. Until I actually dig in.

The pattern alone took me two evenings to make. Didn't realize this dress had so many parts. I  now understand why they are asking for so much for the store bought pattern.

After cutting the fabric it was time for sewing. I have not worked with such delicate fabrics before. Y'all know all that hemming took some getting used to. All of the time was worth it. Little Miss was so happy when she had her first fitting. The boy was even surprised at how similar it looks to the movies dress.

After making the proper adjustments to the dress it was time to attack the zipper.  Umm.. did I say attack?! I ment attach..lol. See I used to shy away from zippers, but not anymore. I have a new found love for them and little miss was able to make her video. Everyone's happy in the Johnson household. 

No comments:

Post a Comment